I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Making the rolling triangle work

So I have had this move in my head for about 2 weeks now, and I have been dying to try it, but for some reason I keep getting paired up with guys who just want to lay and pray so it ends up being me using guard attacks, and side control escapes. What I needed to get to was the mount. Last night I finally got there. When my partner attempted a textbook hip-out escape I was set to work the move. I switched positions bringing my left knee to his back, and my right foot to his chest. I then took advantage of his confusion to pass my right foot under his head. I then grabbed my right foot behind his head with my left hand and then rolled forward over my right shoulder ending up flat on my shoulders with my partner in a perfect triangle. I then finished by hooking my right foot under my left knee, I let go with my left hand, then used it to grab the right elbow of his Gi and bring his arm across my chest and...

SQUEEZE!

Tap Tap Tap.

I must admit it felt really good. My first rolling triangle.

No comments:

Post a Comment