I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

In The Afternoon We Fight!

I am fortunate to have a pretty flexible boss, and a pretty nice job even though the economy is shit right now.
One of the perks of my job is being allowed to work from home a few days a week. This allows me to participate in BJJ class in the much smaller classes that occur in the afternoon, as I did yesterday.

Class this week is headlock escapes. It is basically a review of some fundamentals, but review is incredibly useful.

One thing I enjoyed a lot was the new warm up routine- flow drills in 3, 2, and 1 minute increments, followed by 3 different technique drills in one minute increments. the nice thing there is that it shakes up my game a little. I am now getting to the point where I have so many options available that I am getting paralyzed making decisions about which technique to use. Flow drilling helps me mix it up a bit more in a low risk environment. It also helps me work on positioning, and execution- which are both critical areas for me.

I'm getting happier with the way training is going. I do wish my wife would get back aboard though. it seems as if she is planning our family events with little regard to my training schedule. My family is very important to me, so I am trying new things- like morning and afternoon training to accommodate.

No comments:

Post a Comment