I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

2nd Year Goals- Progress report

I wrote about my 3 2nd year goals earlier in the year, and now it is June, meaning the halfway point of 2011.

How am I doing?

Blue Belt- I have not yet tied on a blue belt, BUT Professor Junior has signed off on it, so really I'm just waiting on promotion day.

Compete- I DID! In April I rolled in my first competition. I finished 1-2, in a double elimination tournament. I lost my first match by choke, won my second by triangle, and lost my third by choke. I did not place in my bracket, but I DID learn a lot from the effort which has positively influenced my training. I must also say that it broke me out of a comfort zone I had been developing and that was a very positive outcome. I do want to compete again.

Cut Weight to 180lbs- I now "walk around" at 180lbs. I cut down to 180lbs from 202lbs by modifying my diet, and cutting out things like soda. Cutting the weight has been very good for me as I sleep better, and I am also more agile.

So there you have it! I may need to come up with some additional goals! I had no idea I could accomplish these three so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment