I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Getting it done- Intermediate, Randori, Blackbelt

Last night I was able to scramble and get to the school in time to make the 5:30 intermediate No-Gi class. We worked side control escapes with some positional drilling at the end of class. I then stuck around and spent the next 30 minutes rolling with one of our Purple Belts. He had a knack for snaring one of my feet into half guard and I spent a good deal of time working my half escapes. To try to explain, this guy is almost my perfect antithesis we weigh nearly the same, but where I am long in body, and limb, he is stocky and compact. It was like trying to submit a beer keg! We had about 4 great rolls during the 30 min, most ending with me in a loop choke (gotta watch those arms damn it). It was the kind of fast, aggressive but friendly and educational rolling that you really look for with a training partner. I was grateful for the time spent, and the lessons learned.
Once you have been active in Jiu Jitsu for an hour and a half, another hour doesn't seem so bad so I stuck around to train in the advanced level class instructed by the school's 2nd Degree Black belt founder Professor Amal Easton. I found the lesson to be very drilling intensive, and as there were 2 Black Belt Professors present we recieved a lot of great feedback and guidance on some of the finer points of the technique.
over all a good training session, with lots of new material to dedicate to memory, and drill drill drill into consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment