I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Tuesday night training- Pendulum sweeps with Prof. Junior

Tuesday afternoon I hit the Rec center gym. I ran 2 miles, then took a 15 minute steam. This si part of my training for the TX Tough Mudder coming up at the end of January. Later that night I trained in the Gi with Professor Junior. We practiced seoi-nage (shoulder throws) and then moved to the ground where we worked, pendulum sweeps, then pendulum to armbar, and then back to the sweep with an armbar finish. We rolled to finish out the class. I hung in there pretty well with Jason, I went for a few submissions, but he defended well. I was able to regain the guard afterwards which was a good thing.

I also want to take a moment in the blog to thank Jason Scully of BJJ for Life! on Facebook. Professor Scully sent me his "Super Solo Grappling Drills" for free after I won a contest on his page. ALL HAIL FREE SHIT! These look really good, and I can definitely use them here at home. I'll go through the DVDs (there are 3) and try out all 330 drills, then post a review soon. Thanks again BJJ for Life!

Here is tonights lesson taught by Professor Scully

No comments:

Post a Comment