I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

I'm back! (again)

So I rolled the Black Belt class last night at the ETC. Felt great to be back on the mats.

My rib is still a little sore, but I managed all the twisting and contortion required for De La Riva drills. It is amazing to me just how rusty and clumsy I felt, but I worked hard, and in the end i felt like I was picking up the motions and movements well. I was definitely worn out. I could barely stand through the end of class speech, and thought for a minute I was going to pass out while Prof. Eliot Marshall was wrapping up the class. I've got to rebuild my stamina for BJJ.

BJJ is a whole different sort of cardio than is required for my GORUCK , Tough Mudder, and Spartan Race events. It's a grapplers cardio, and it is being physically able to produce "bursts" of power over extended periods. It's hard as hell, and i think the best way to train it is Cross-Fit. I've got to start hitting my Murph workouts again.

Speaking of Spartan Race- I made it into their inspirational video for 2012

Check it out- I show up at 1:27 on the left of the screen



I hope all of you are well. I'm back, let's train!

No comments:

Post a Comment