I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New School New Gameness

The school I train with has about 6 branches, each with different Black Belt Professors. Tonight I strayed from my usual school for the first time in order to train at a newer school that was recently opened by two Black Belt Professors who also happen to be brothers. I have come away impressed, and determined to visit again.

Class structures were pretty much the same. The student group was very welcoming, and the Professor was excellent at showing the methods. Today we learned a halfguard pass, with a nice kimura escape/reversal.

Training was an education. I'll admit, this being my first class in a week I was not on my A game, I wasn't at my best as I definitly had some opportunities to sweep. Had I played an open guard game I could have created some opportunities. Unfortunately I sort of froze in closed guard and it cost me. I think I'll be better next week when I am more relaxed. With that said, these guys were fast, their guards were hard to pass, and their bases were solid. A very impressive crew. I will also say that they were good sportsman, easy going and a pleasure to train with. I am looking forward to next week, hopefully I can show them a better ground game than I came with today.

No comments:

Post a Comment