I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Private Session- Armbar/Triangle/Armbar, and Omoplata

Today was a private session with my friend, and an instructor we will refer to as the Jiu Jitsu Chef. I have had a private with the Chef before and his expansive knowledge of methodologies and moves is best described as encyclopedic. Today we covered several attacks from Guard. There was a triple threat- Armbar/Triangle/Armbar. The keys to these moves appear to be
1. Keep shoulders flat to the mat
2. Bridge, but keep pressure on your opponents back with your legs keeping him close, and preventing him from creating space
3. Keep it tight- thye less space, the better the lock

We also covered Omoplata- this move is a shoulder lock and the key for me to remember is to tuck the opponents arm under my own, and to pull on his belt while pushing on his leg during the hip-out to get him on his side before pulling myself up over his back and securing the lock. Also- be careful when disengaging this move.

No comments:

Post a Comment