I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Drill Drill Drill

Monday morning intermediate class is 55 minutes of drilling, with a 5 minute flow roll at the end where we go about 50% effort, and allow escapes from submissions.

For drills it is all about training muscle memory- armbar / triangle / armbar, guard passing over / under/ standing up in guard. Mount to arm bar drills to the left, and to the right. Replacing guard, Replacing X-guard, passing X guard... This develops speed, and precision. It builds the game.

The Flow roll is about my favorite drill ever. It is 5 minutes straight of a mental, and physical game exercise where you employ all of your techniques without consequence. Opponent takes your back- then you escape, maybe take mount, opponent escapes the mount and ends up in guard- so they try to pass guard... The nice thing about that is that it trains your mind to transition from position to position developing game, fine tuning the motions.

Really enjoyed Monday morning. This will be part of my new routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment