I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Jiu Jitsu Week Training Day 1: Monday AM with Coach John Boyle

Worked a lot of drills this morning. Arm bars to the left and to the right, then Arm bar / triangle / arm bar left and right, then arm bar/ omoplatta / triangle, and then armbar / omoplatta/ triangle/ arm bar.

We practiced some positional moves from spider guard, including a hip drop that boost the opponent over your head. We also worked on attacking to gain De La Riva, and then sweeps from De La Riva.

Nothing "brand new" but we did a lot of review and repetition which is exactly what I need right now. I had a good training partner and we worked well together.

During the 50% flow roll my partner seemed to favor turtling so i worked on back-takes and trying to set my hooks with mixed results. after a while I figured I'd quit fighting it and let him take me over his head- I held on to an underhook I had and turned the forward roll into an armbar. He had a decent Gable, but if we were rolling 100% I think I could have broken it with my feet. I made a few attempts at mount, but didn't have good control of his knees so I ended up in halfguard, which he capitalized on and stretched me out to sweep. I did manage to work the De La Riva sweep into the roll.

All in all a good review. Looking forward to class tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment