I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Jiu Jitsu Week Training Day 4 Intermediate Gi training with Professor Junior Fidelis (Denver)

I went to the 8:30pm class last night to roll Intermediate with Professor Junior. We did more cross guard work, and I was able to add an additional sweep to the line up of moves from cross guard. this sweep takes the opponent over my head, so it gives me some options in the event I can't use the 1st momentum sweepI learned with John on Wednesday. We also worked some single leg takedowns. I had a good partner- a newer student but he was really easy to work with.
I'm a big believer in how Easton encourages mat conduct. It seems like we have a ton of really great students throughout the network of schools. People are just patient and good natured on the mats., and I don't think that is really all that easy to come by in combat sports. I get the impression that most of the guys there are really there to learn something, and sometimes to teach something. Knowing these people from training you'd think we were all a bunch of softies, but then I see the same guys roll in comp, and DAMN- we have a pretty tough room out here in Denver!
I am going to try to keep the training streak alive tonight. Friday is pretty bleak at Easton, and there is only one Intermediate session- No Gi at 6:30pm. That one can be a bit rough to get to from work, but my No Gi gear is in the car, and if I can make it I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment