I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Jiu Jitsu Week Training Day 3 Wednesday NoGi w/ Coach John Boyle (Denver)

Laundry room is getting crowded...
I wore the Prana Monday, the Shoyoroll yesterday, and then my No Gi gear today. I pulled the SYR out of the washing machine and found some black stuff on it, looked at the Prana and fount the same, so I re-washed both along with my SYR Mamba pants, and my rash guard I wore to train today. The end result is a very busy hang-dry rack...

I managed to pry my sorry ass out of bed at 5:30 AM for training with Coach Boyle at the Denver school. It turned out only 3 of us were able to do so- which is awesome, and yet kind of a bummer. Awesome because we get a lot more focus on our technique, but a bummer because it is always good to have a solid class attendance. I have to admit I almost punked out. I ended up going out with a buddy for a few beers after training last night and didn't get home and into bed until midnight. At 5:30 the Alarm went off and I was mentally scrolling through excuses- but then I just went into the mechanics-
1. geet feet out of bed.
2. Sit up
3. Stand up
4. Get dressed
ect...
I had some great excuses- my eye got poked, I was sore, I was mildly hung over (or maybe a little drunk-over). It was cold, I was tired... The thing was, I had commited to this specific class and my wife has errands to run tonight so i am home with my daughter. I knew it was go in the AM, or don't go. Don't go= fail at 7 consecutive days of BJJ. Fail at my plan to rediscover my game.
Nope.
I got my ass to class- STFU and train...

Ben, my training partner from Monday was there, as was Joe- both of those guys are good guys, excellent training partners. We worked on X guard- placement, attacks, recoveries, submissions, drilling all for several minutes each. I have a real nasty triangle attack from there that just feels "right" when I go for it. We finished off class with some up/down/out work. I felt great that I went and already look forward to tomorrow night Intermediate at Denver.

No comments:

Post a Comment