I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

I don't train to be better than you. I train to be better than me.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Not long for Broadway... AM training with Coach Boyle

The big news around Easton right now is the new 10,000 sq ft "Easton Training Center" which will be a full training center- BJJ, Muay Thai, Cross fit, Cardio- the works. the rumors say we will also have Showers at the new facility. Still, I was pretty much planning to keep coming to the school on Broadway since it is a bit closer than the new location. It's been nearly 2 years on the mats at Broadway, and the place feels like a home to me, but alas, my coach verified today Broadway is to close, and be replaced by the ETC. This raises some community questions for me, as it is widely publicized that MMA fighter Elliot Marshall will run the ETC. I like Elliot a lot, the few times we have met he has been awesome to work with- but this leaves me wondering where our current administrator will go. Professor King is a large part of the reason I started BJJ. Sure, Andrew "dragged" me in there for that first lesson, but honestly I had met Prof. Larry a few times before then and his genuine personality was definitely a factor in making training a permanent part of my life. I hope there are plans for him to continue in his role at the new facility- if they move him elsewhere, there is a good chance I would follow.

Monday AM training was the same drill focused workout I have come to expect and appreciate. I got my heart rate going, and learned a new drill. Excellent training partner once again- even more excellent than before because apparently he could be reading this (Ben) LoL

Interesting sidebar to Training Partner Ben, he will also be participating in the Boulder GORUCK in May. This is awesome because the more people I know who get involved the more driven I will be to train and be ready.

Also of note- the BEST MOTHER IN LAW IN THE GALAXY has gotten me a gift certificate to help me pick up my needed UA Coldgear for the Jan. Tough Mudder. Pretty psyched about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment